Finding affordable beauty brands!
To friends and family I am known for my love and slight obsession with beauty products. I used to spend hours in my room as a child putting together looks and parading around the house. My mum has always been a big supporter of my love of beauty and would kindly treat me to, what I realise now, were luxury make up brands. Getting older and having to fund my make up addiction myself… sad I know, I’ve found so many ‘drug store’ brands I love and swear by.
- Rimmel BB cream 9 in 1 in very light, is my go to choice for base. I am head over heals for this product! It has great coverage for a BB cream, all the concealers I use blend in amazingly, its extremely long lasting and hydrating. Couldn’t really ask for anything more at £6.99.
- Maybelline Superstay 24hour liqud foundation in light beige. I use this if I need heavier coverage. It lasts all day, it doesn’t go patchy or greasy. I sometimes add a bit of moisturizer to make it slightly dewy as it is more matte. At £8.99, it won’t break the bank!
- Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Extra fair. It’s my first time using this brand and I’m really impressed. Not only is it really affordable at £4.49 it’s a great product. I am also really happy with the shade, as I find it hard to get really light ‘drug store’ concealers. It can be slightly drying for me, but it does last all day.
- Sleek makeup cream contour kit in Light 095. This is the first contour kit I’ve ever bought and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s extremely easy to blend, it has some great shades in there for fair skin and is long lasting. I’ve used this without any other base and it looks great. Only £10.99, and lasts for ages.
- Maybelline Master Strobing stick in light 100. I am in love with this product, it’s so creamy and gives that amazing glow without the obvious glitter. I go for the pink colour, I think it compliments my skin the most. This product is a mere £6.99.
- Maybelline Mascara Volume express in Dark brown. At £4.99 this is beyond a bargain for an everyday mascara. It also comes in dark brown which isn’t always easy to find.
- NYX Sculpt & Highlight brow contour pencil in Vanilla Taupe. This is a dupe of Nars brow perfector, its the perfect colour match for Kalamata. I find it hard to get the colour I want for my brows, so this is a great find, and at only £8.99.
- Rimmel – Kate lasting finish lipstick in colour 003 is my favourite nude. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this, and it’s only £5.49! Long lasting, soft and not drying.
- Rimmel Lasting finish lipstick in Pink Blush. I love this shade, I usually combine it with my lip balm so it’s a light sheen over the lips. A bargain at £4.99.
- Sleek Makeup lip VIP lipstick in Icon is a pinky purple shade. This lipstick contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Coconut oil, and has a velvety finish. I love this lipstick for a bold look and it’s only £5.49.
Here’s a mix of some of my favourites with Rimmel Pink Blush on the lips!
These are my favourite everyday beauty finds, I’d love to know what are yours?